11.21.2012

DIY | Felt Christmas Ornaments

 I decided to switch up my tree decorations this year! {Yes my husband just shook his head and rolled his eyes}
I been seeing some cute red and white trees this season, so I'm taking that inspiration and channeling it into our tree! I am also decorating for the Holidays on a budget this year, so you know what that means.....DIY!
This is the pin I found prompting this post. What do you think of my new ornaments, readers??



I found some cardboard ornaments at Joann's for $1.00 each plus coupons. If you have not downloaded the Joanns app for your smart phone, do so now, if has all their coupons and they can just scan them right off your phone! Don't ever shop Joanns without a discount!

I found twine at hobby lobby for $2.99 (plus a 40% coupon), which I used to hang them on the tree. (again, never shop Hobby Lobby without a coupon)


I then found felt squares at Walmart for $0.23 each. I used about 3 squares per ornament. You cut them into circles, whatever size you want. I think mine were about 1 1/2 inch to 2 inches in diameter. Don't worry if they are not perfectly round, you won't be able to tell once they are on the ornament.


Here comes the fun part! Push down the center of the circle and scrunch the edges together so there is a point at the bottom and using your glue gun glue it to the ornament.

Once you cover the whole ornament you have a fabulous tree decoration!

Anyone else do some DIY ornaments this year? If so, I wanna see!

No comments:

Post a Comment