10.02.2013

Who's Who Wednesday | Jumping Jack Baby Boutique


Warning... This story is a tear jerker.
I stumbled upon Jumping Jack Jack while I was searching on Etsy. Not only did all of Sarah's products catch my eye, from her darling headbands and bows to bright colored prints, but then I started to read the shop announcement and the first line caught my eye. "This shop was created in honor of our son Jack. He was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy at just 6 weeks." 


Right then I knew I wanted to learn more. Here is what Sarah had to say about her shop and her sweet boy Jack. You can find Jumping Jack on Etsy and Facebook you can also follow her on Instagram @jumpingjackbabyboutique.



"I have always loved crafting; creativity is a part of me. When my husband and I found out we were pregnant with our first, we were beyond overjoyed. I immediately began creating his custom nursery full of handmade items.  We dreamed of the beautiful future with our baby boy. The day I held him in my arms for the first time, was the best day of my life. We named him Jack.
After his birth, we started to notice Jack could not move his muscles like he should. He never held his head up, or moved his legs. After a week stay in the hospital, Jack was diagnosed with the #1 genetic killer of children under 2, Spinal Muscular Atrophy or SMA. We were told he had the most severe type and had just 6 months to live. Six months. Our world fell apart. We were going to lose the person we loved most.

Jack required multiple machines to stay comfortable, he needed to be fed through a feeding tube, and was on oxygen. Since he was unable to lift or use most toys made for babies his age, I decided to make him a small tag blanket that had crinkle material inside for him to explore. He loved it! From that moment, I continued to create more tag blankets and crinkle toys. I opened my Etsy shop a month after Jack’s diagnosis. I named it Jumping Jack in his honor. Crafting was very therapeutic to me during the horrible roller coaster we were on. Jack took his last breath in my arms when he was just 6 ½ months old. We made unforgettable memories each day. We are so lucky to have had this beautiful boy a part of our lives, but would have given anything to watch him grow up. He is truly the strongest person I know. 

Today, Jumping Jack has evolved into much more. We were blessed with a healthy baby girl named Melia Jack. She has brought so much joy into our lives. She also inspired a new shop section – Headbands and Bows! I love that Jumping Jack Baby Boutique will always a part of him and I. I love that each item I make brings joy to other little ones. I love that Jack’s story can inspire others to live each day to the very fullest."





Jumping Jack Baby Boutique has some great deals being featured on A Painted Nest! Head on over and support them! Get their darling nursery or playroom prints for only $4.99 or take a look at their {Painted} Nest Necklace Pendants they are only $7.99 and you can choose from 9 different colors!

***If you would like more information about SMA please visit www.thegsf.org or watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osPYUVGB_aw***


No comments:

Post a Comment