1.16.2014

Health | Post Workout Snack

So for those who don't know me, I have to tell you I am probably one of the pickiest eaters! I don't like to branch out much, don't get me wrong I will try new foods all the time but I tend to just like my same foods that I have for years. This sometimes makes it a struggle at finding healthy choices, and most importantly a variety of choices, I will eat! So lately I have been searching the web for some good Paleo recipes to try out!

{This is what mine looked like!!!}

I found a recipe from paleomg.com for Mexican Rice Bowls (of course I added my own twist to make it eater friendly for me) but I think it is a great post workout snack! I premade this 2 nights ago so I have it ready when needed this week! I just had it this morning after my workout! Here is the exact recipe from paleomg.com!

1 head cauliflower
1/3 Cup broth or water
1 t. garlic powder
1/8 t. cayenne pepper
handful of fresh cilantro
juice of 1 lime
1/2 LB. pork chorizo
1/2 LB. ground beef
1/2 white onion, diced
1 avocado, diced
salsa of choice
salt and pepper to taste

>>Run cauliflower through grate to small rice pieces
>>In a small saucepan over medium heat, add cauliflower, water, and salt & pepper. Cover and let steam 10 minutes, stir about 2 times
>> Once cauliflower is soft, add garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
>> While rice cauliflower is cooking, in a medium skillet add chorizo and beef, (medium heat) break into small pieces
>> Dice onion and avocado
>> Once everything is done cooking add rice, meat, onion, avocado, and salsa to a bowl and enjoy!


So here is my little twist on things! I cooked the cauliflower and just ground beef, I added all the seasonings as above (maybe a little extra cayenne pepper because I love spicy!) plus the lime juice and 1/4 of onion. I then put the meat and rice cauliflower over a big handful of roman lettuce. Instead of dressing, I threw tomatoes, cilantro, 1/2 green pepper, salt and pepper, garlic powder and 1/4 onion in a blender and made a little homemade salsa to put on top! Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment